Profhilo is a hyaluronic acid gel, one of the latest innovations to treat skin laxity by skin bio-remodelling. Profhilo is a skin booster made from hyaluronic acid for skin that is losing its elasticity and firmness with age. It creates a fresh natural look and softens fine lines. Profhilo, differs from the usual fillers in a number of ways due to its structure which allows it to flow freely over an extended area to boost hydration.
Areas such as the face, neck, chest and hands can be successfully treated with profhilo.
Profhilo does not create the volume replacement associated with dermal fillers, it creates volume in the tissue where it is needed due to its high spreadability.
The Treatment protocol
Results are visible after only 2 sessions 4-6 weeks apart. Treatment results last for up to six months. Profhilo can work as a treatment on its own or in combination with other cosmetic treatments.
Face and Neck
Profhilo is injected just below the surface of the skin where it disperses quickly and reacts with the tissue to instantly boost hydration. When treating the facial area, a five point protocol called BAP (Bio Aesthetic Point) Technique is applied. It involves five bolus injections of 0.2ml on each side of the face. The injection sites were identified using a selection criteria which aims to reduce risks to the blood vessels and nerves and maximise efficacy through diffusion.
Injecting Profhilo into the hands will lead to plumped out and smooth skin, thereby reducing the visibility of wrinkles and sagging skin by boosting hydration and stimulating collagen production.
Procedure Time: 30 minutes
Treatment Price: From £250 per session
Number of Sessions: 2 treatment 4-6 weeks apart. Then 1 session every 6-12 months to retain the benefits.
Downtime: No downtime. There may be slight swelling and bruising for a few days after your treatment.
Back To Work: Same day
Time frame for results: Visible after only 2 sessions, 4 to 6 weeks apart.
Profhilo is an innovative remodelling treatment (bio remodelling) that was created to target dullnes, lack of elasticity and volume loss in the skin.
Profhilo® contains a very high dose of pure HA, which is found naturally in the body, and provides a huge hydration boost from within. It is hydrophilic, drawing whilst also holding water.
It can be used on face, neck, décolletage and hands to boost hydration and to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin.
Profhilo is a versatile treatment that can be used:
- For men and women of all skin types
- For people with younger or more mature skin
- For the face, neck, hands and décolletage
- Defining and restoring volume to the cheeks
- For people who want to improve skin structure, e.g. in acne-scarred or photo-damaged skin
It is a simple and straightforward procedure involving a few tiny injections directly into the skin, and takes up to15- 30 minutes. The pain associated with the procedure is minimal.
The results are visible after 2 sessions of treatment which are 4-6 weeks apart. You will notice a healthy glow and an increase in hydration of the skin with minimization of fine lines and wrinkles. A booster treatment is recommended every 6-12 months after the initial session to maintain the results. The Hyaluronic Acid in Profhilo continues to work for several months after treatment offering a subtle gradual change in skin quality and elasticity resulting in a noticeably invigorated look to your skin.
Side-effects can include bruising and swelling to the area following the Profhilo injection. This usually goes within a couple of days. It’s also worth taking Arnica tablets and avoiding alcohol for a couple of days prior to treatment to minimise the side effects.
Profhilo can be used alongside all other treatments we offer.
After your treatment we will again go through with you any after care advice in order to maximise your treatment benefits and avoid any undesirable side effects.
There is minimal down-time or recovery time for profhilo treatment and you can return to your normal routine immediately. You can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.
– Avoid the application of skincare products for 3 days such as retinols, vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids
– Avoid makeup for 12hours
– Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the face for 24hours
– Avoid direct sunlight, sunbathing and sunbeds for 24hours.
– Avoid swimming for 24hours
– Avoid strenuous exercise for 24hours
– Avoid excessive alcohol for 24hours
– Remain upright for 4-6 hours after treatment. It will minimize the migration of the filler from the area of treatment to an unintended area of the face.
Sleep on your back so as to avoid putting pressure on the treated area. Since the hyaluronic acid filler is a gel, it can be compressed and molded with pressure, therefore the results can be compromised.
- We only use market-leading brands
- We will not compromise on our standards and use the highest grade of dermal fillers for more dramatic results with better lift and tissue support
- Consultation and treatment are personally undertaken by Dr Ghazala Khan who is an Advanced Aesthetics Practitioner trained in Anti-Wrinkle treatments and Dermal-Fillers. She is a full member of General Medical Council and the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Member of Royal College of Physicians in Ireland.