Crow’s feet are wrinkles at the outer corner of the eyes. Bear in mind, crow’s feet is normal. As you age, the skin around your eye loses its elasticity and natural oils, making it more prone to wrinkles. We develop crow’s feet due to the loss of collagen and elastic tissue within our skin. We also see these beneath the eyes as a result of excessive smiling, and muscle contraction. This happens naturally with ageing, sun exposure, free radical formation and pollution, which can worsen the effects.
The procedure: the treatment relax muscles surrounding the eye corners. The skin smooths out and the wrinkles are reduced. The positive effects are especially evident during laughing.
It is vital to have an initial consultation before proceeding with your first treatment. This is regardless of the fact that you have had this treatment elsewhere. This is to ensure we discuss your medical history and to ensure you are suitable for the procedure, fully educated and informed before proceeding with treatment.
If you are thinking about having the Anti-Wrinkle treatment for frown lines, you might have questions about its safety. This particular treatment has long heritage of use, leading to confidence in its safety and efficacy. Wrinkle relaxing treatment is an approved treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, and when administered by trained, experienced professionals, there are low risks of side-effects and complications. These Injections are suitable for a wide range of people, but there are restrictions that should be applied. This treatment is geared towards healthy men and women aged from 18 and onwards. It is not suitable for people with some underlying health conditions, including those with certain neurological and muscular diseases such as myasthenia gravis and motor neurone disease. If you are pregnant, or you have had an allergic reaction to the injections in the past, this treatment is also not suitable.
Many people assume that wrinkle relaxing treament are painful. The truth is that most people don’t experience any pain when they have this treatment. If you are nervous about having this treatment, or you have a fear of needles, we can use a mild topical anaesthetic to numb the skin beforehand. After treatment, the skin may be slightly red and inflamed, but you should feel comfortable, and you should be able to get straight back to work or whatever the rest of the day entails.
It can take about 14 days to see the full effects after the initial treatment. The cosmetic effects can last up to six months, but typically range from three to four months. Eventually most people require another treatment as the wrinkles re-appear.
However, in some treated areas (such as frown wrinkles), the wrinkles may return less severe after repeated treatments as the unconscious muscle contraction habit is broken. We offer all our patients a free two week follow up appointment to assess the effect of treatment and administer any top up treatments if necessary.
- Avoid make up for 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours this is to ensure that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and alcohol-based products on the area treated for 48 hours.
- If bruising develops then you can apply Arnica cream.
- Paracetamol can be taken for mild pain post procedure.
- We only use market-leading brands.
- We will not compromise on our standards and use the highest grade of dermal fillers for more dramatic results with better lift and tissue support.
- Consultation and treatment are personally undertaken by Dr Ghazala Khan who is an Advanced Aesthetics Practitioner trained in Anti-Wrinkle treatments and Dermal-Fillers. She is a full member of General Medical Council and the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Member of Royal College of Physicians in Ireland.
- We provide excellent post treatment care.