The jawline plays an essential part in the overall appearance of ones’ facial shape and profile. Jawline is contoured and defined by dermal fillers in order to achieve a youthful, chiselled and well-proportioned look. Dermal filler are added along the jaw bone subtly to define this area to achieve desired results.
Procedure Time: 30 minutes
Treatment Price: From £400
Number of Sessions: 1 treatment
Downtime: No downtime. There may be slight swelling and bruising for a few days after your treatment.
Back To Work: Same day
Duration of Results: Approximately 6 to 9 months for most clients.
Timeframe for Results:
You are likely to see results immediately. There may be slight swelling or tenderness for up to approximately 3 days. Optimum results are visible after 10 days.
Dermal Fillers are based on Hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally exists in your body. Hyaluronic acid can be derived from many sources. Almost all HA fillers are of bacterial origin and are dominating the aesthetic market at present. Dermal filers revitalises and add volume to the skin, giving a natural softer look. These fillers are composed of soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized non-animal hyaluronic acid. Due to its hydrophilic (water loving) nature, they attract water into the skin and dermis and improve the skin turgor. The gel is long-lasting but not permanent. The result of a single treatment is instant and it can last for around 9 to 18 months. Dermal Fillers can be used to restore facial volume, smooth away facial lines, and wrinkles, revitalise the skin and create fuller lips and shape facial contours, such as cheeks and chin.
Ageing of the face is a complex process which affects bones, muscles, fat and skin alike. This ageing process is a combination of extrinsic (Sun exposure, smoking) and intrinsic (genetic) factors. When combined with the effect of gravity, it eventually leads to laxity and ptosis of subcutaneous tissue, decrease in collagen and naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, atrophy and hypertrophy of adipose tissue (fatty tissue) and bone resorption.
Dermal fillers are used to address the age related changes that happens overtime. The placement of dermal filler is directed by the morphology of facial ageing in specific areas of face.
For example; the superficial and deep fat pads of the face atrophy and shift relative to each other. Due to this, there is loss of volume in the upper face leading to hollowed cheeks. Hyaluronic acid filler is used to address and restore lost volume in cheeks. This leads to a more youthful appearance of the face.
With advancing age, there is thinning of the lips due to loss of collagen and elastin. Age related Lip volume loss can be successfully replaced with the hyaluronic acid fillers, leading to a more refreshed and youthful look.
There is significant loss of facial bone with the process of ageing. For example, the progressive resorption of the jawbone can lead to hypoplastic chin and an irregular jawline. These changes can also be addressed by the placement of hyaluronic acid filler to augment the chin area and the jawline, giving the face a more youthful look and defined look.
The nose may be injected to improve the shape and its contour.
HA fillers can also be used on other parts of the body such as hands to restore lost volume.
Generally, basic dermal filler procedures require no anaesthetic as the dermal filler contains local anaesthetic. It is simple and straight-forward, involving a few tiny injections directly into the skin, and takes between 15-30 minutes. Result can be seen immediately. Optimal results can be maintained over a long period of time through regular repeated treatments. The procedure varies from person to person depending on the requirements and the severity of the volume loss that is being treated, in addition to the particular dermal filler being administered.
Results are seen instantly after the treatment, although this gradually improves over the course of the following 2-4 weeks. Results can last between 9-18 months although optimal results can be maintained over a long period of time through regular repeated treatments. The longevity varies from person to person depending on the requirements and the severity of the volume loss that is being treated, in addition to the particular dermal filler being administered.
Dermal fillers are extremely safe when performed by a practitioner who has formal training in this area of treatment.
Surrey Medical Aesthetics use only products with proven safety record. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance which occurs naturally in the cells of the skin, thus there is minimal risk of allergic reactions. Skin testing is not required prior to administration. Even people with food sensitivities can receive these fillers safely. The brands of dermal fillers we use are available in more than 90 countries and have been used as an injectable cosmetic treatment for more than two decades with an excellent safety record. The hyaluronic acid dermal fillers can be dissolved with an antidote called hyaluronidase.
Today’s dermal fillers have come a long way since the first-generation of collagen injections. Advanced injection techniques, coupled with the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) and improved product safety means that significant side effects are extremely uncommon but may include:
- Injection-related reactions: these reactions may include redness at the injection site immediately after the treatment.
- Bruising: occasionally bruising can occur. However the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) dramatically reduces the risk of bruising.
- Contour irregularities can and do occasionally occur. Massaging can usually smooth out any ‘lumpiness’ however if persistent the filler can be easily and rapidly dissolved.
- Infection – as with all injections, this procedure carries a risk of infection. The syringe is sterile and standard precautions associated with injectable materials are taken.
- Tissue Necrosis – one of the worst possible complications of dermal filler. Fortunately, this is extremely rare. It happens when the dermal filler is accidentally injected into a blood vessel and it subsequently blocks the blood supply to the skin/tissue in that area.
- Blindness – This is a very rare complication. There have been approximately 100 cases in the world and is caused by injecting dermal filler into blood vessel which has a connection with the artery which supplies blood and oxygen to the eye. There is no treatment so far for this that has been successful.
After your treatment we will again go through with you any after care advice in order to maximise your treatment benefits and avoid any undesirable side effects.
There is minimal down-time or recovery time for dermal filler and you can return to your normal routine immediately. You can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.
– Avoid the application of skincare products for 3 days such as retinols, vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids
– Avoid makeup for 12hours
– Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the face for 24hours
– Avoid direct sunlight, sunbathing and sunbeds for 24hours.
– Avoid swimming for 24hours
– Avoid strenuous exercise for 24hours
– Avoid excessive alcohol for 24hours
– Remain upright for 4-6 hours after treatment. It will minimize the migration of the filler from the area of treatment to an unintended area of the face.
Sleep on your back so as to avoid putting pressure on the treated area. Since the hyaluronic acid filler is a gel, it can be compressed and molded with pressure, therefore the results can be compromised.
- We only use market-leading brands
- We will not compromise on our standards and use the highest grade of dermal fillers for more dramatic results with better lift and tissue support
- Consultation and treatment are personally undertaken by Dr Ghazala Khan who is an Advanced Aesthetics Practitioner trained in Anti-Wrinkle treatments and Dermal-Fillers. She is a full member of General Medical Council and the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Member of Royal College of Physicians in Ireland.
- Dr Ghazala Khan is well known for his methods of achieving beautiful yet incredibly natural cosmetic results with minimal pain, bruising and down time.
- We provide excellent post treatment care.